A Great City to Call Home
If your family is in search of an exceptional place to live, it’s time to discover the City of Paterson. This community offers innumerable advantages—from a location near the heart of the New York metro region to a friendly climate for business. But beyond all the tangible strengths you can list, there is something more: a wonderful feeling of community, a deep pride in our historic roots, and the exciting energy of a city on the move.
CONSIDER THE ADVANTAGES
SO CLOSE TO SO MUCH
- Whether you work in New York City or North Jersey or have family and friends across the region, Paterson puts you within reach.
- Grab a New Jersey Transit train destined for Manhattan.
- Hop on I-80 and head to Newark Airport, just a half hour away.
A DIVERSE, DYNAMIC COMMUNITY
- More than 50 ethnic backgrounds are represented and 100 languages spoken.
- Take in the parade on Peruvian Day or visit a Middle Eastern bakery.
- This is a fascinating hometown and the perfect place to raise children ready for life in a multicultural world.
A CITY OF NEIGHBORHOODS
- In an era of sprawling, look-alike subdivisions, Paterson offers something different—real neighborhoods.
- From the leafy streets of Hillcrest and the historic homes of the Eastside Park, to Riverside and South Paterson, each has its own personality.
AN EXCEPTIONAL VALUE
- You'll find a range of real estate choices for every budget.
- Houses for a half-million dollars might cost twice that in other parts of Northern New Jersey.
- We have some of best-designed and best-cared-for affordable housing in the country.
- Property taxes are lower than in nearby towns.
A REGION OF RESOURCES
- A 650-bed teaching hospital.
- Four thriving local colleges and universities.
- A new National Historic Park.
- All the shopping, dining, and culture that come from living near the center of the New York metro region.